S.A.I.L.- Senior Adult Independent Living
(Adultos de Edad Avanzada Viviendo Independientemente Ayuda)
S.A.I.L. helps individuals to continue living at home by providing assistance with daily living activities.
Who can benefit from S.A.I.L.?
Persons with physical problems, 60 years of age or older, with an emphasis on serving those in greatest social and economic need. Persons 18-59 years of age with a diagnosed disability, receiving or eligible for SSI disability payments.
What is the cost?
There is no cost to clients for program information, needs assessment and case management. Clients unable to afford private pay options will be encouraged to make a contribution toward the cost of their in-home services.
How are the needs determined?
S.A.I.L. case managers provide in-home evaluations to determine an individual's area of need. The case managers will also make referrals to programs throughout the community that may provide additional support and assistance to the individual. The case manager will continuously monitor the changing needs of the individual. In some instances, waiting lists may exist for services.
What kind of services are available?
S.A.I.L. case managers assist in arranging in-home services that may include:
- Home delivered meals - for the home-bound indovidual
- Personal care/home health aid- to assist with bathing and personal grooming
- Homemaking Services- such as cleaning, laundry, and shopping
- Adult day health care- for recreation, socialization and caregiving respite
- Home nursing- for pre-filling medisets or preparing insulin syringes or monitoring fragile health conditions
- Assistance with completion of applications for the Arizona Long Term Care System services and information on other health care options
For INTAKE please call the 24-hour Senior HELP LINE at (602) 264-HELP (4357) or Toll free at 1-888-264-2258. TTY 602-241-6110.